Friday 20 July 2012

Handmade Oyster Mee Sua @ Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks

When I think about Taiwanese snacks, the first thing that came to my mind is the mouth-watering Handmade Oyster Mee Sua  ( 蚵仔麵線) from Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks.

Came to first know about this simple but delicious bowl of noodles when KS introduced it to me.  From then, I am totally hooked to it.  Each time when we feel like getting snacks in-between meals, I would begged to go to Shihlin.

Each bowl is filled with handmade mee sua served over a hot-piping flavourful soup, topped with generous amount of oysters & shredded chicken.  And the extra kick to this mee sua is the chilli paste, giving it a nice touch of spiciness.  It is also not too starchy, so every spoon of it just makes you keep wanting it without feeling bloated.

Oh no, I am already drooling for it now..

This popular franchise serves a variety of popular Taiwanese snacks, and another snack which I always order is the golden and crunchy Sweet Plum Potato Fries.  These savoury sweet potatoes are battered and lightly fried, seasoned with plum powder.  Not too oily & a definitely healthier snack compared to french fries.


You can find Shihlin almost everywhere is most shopping centres.  Perfect to stop to rest your tired feet while munching on the delicious snacks before continuing your shopping spree.


No comments:

Post a Comment