Saturday 28 July 2012

Gourmet High Tea @ Ettora, Solaris Dutamas

When I first hear gourmet high tea, I had a huge expectation for rich flavours.  Well, at least something worth paying extra more to indulge in the experience.  Despite the disapproval mark from KS, I insisted to give it a try - at least a one-in-a-lifetime experience.

Here goes my experience of a gourmet high tea @ Ettora, Solaris Dutamas.

So what's in this gourmet tea?


  • Large Cookies (4 pieces) - Hazelnut Shortbread, Oatmeal Raisin, White Chocolate Cranberry and Luxury Oat Almond
  • Belgium Mousse Chocolate (2 pieces)
  • Curry Puff (2 pieces)
  • Belgium Chocolate Cupcake (2 pieces)
  • Date Walnut Brownie (1 piece)
  • Fruitcake (1 piece)
  • Drinks - Swiss Iced Chocolate & Iced Peach Tea

Bear in mind, the portion above is for two person.  To be honest, I strongly feel the portion is just too small for one to really taste the cookies & cakes.  If you ask me, we barely could remember what each of these tasted.


For each of the cookies, I only had half a bite since they only gave one flavour each and I wanted to share with KS.  Plus, the description of "Large cookies" was pretty misleading - think it is just slightly larger than the Oreo biscuits (you know what I mean).  But I must admit, the cookies are quite nice (just that I can't remember exactly what was good).

If you look at the picture, you can also notice how small the brownie and fruitcake are, which you can finish off in one bite, if you want to.  The level of enjoyment is just not there - you only get to enjoy food when you know you have more bites to go after the first.

The curry puffs are pretty typical, just lacking the spicy kick and not fragrant enough.

But I must strongly recommend you the Belgium Chocolate Cupcake (RM 5 each).  Oh, we love this so much.  I think this rich cupcake is the highlight of this gourmet high tea (without this, we would have felt really cheated to fork out that money).  This small cupcake is very moist and with every bite, you can feel the creamy, gooey melted Belgian chocolate hidden in every part of the cake.

Another worth mentioning are the Belgium Mousse Chocolates.  Both KS and I felt the vanilla mouse coated with milk chocolate is quite nice and not too sweet.  On the other hand, the strawberry mousse coated in white chocolate is too sweet - wouldn't really recommend it as the combination does not match very well.

For the drinks, the Swiss Iced Chocolate was a huge disappointment.  I think any kid could have made a better chocolate drink than Ettora.  I was expecting a rich, creamy chocolately drink but all I got was a super diluted drink.  Try imagining an iced Milo left out in the room for hours - that was pretty much how it tasted.  Sorry, but I couldn't make myself to finish this drink.

The peach ice tea is pretty standard, pre-mix fruity drink.  At least, I enjoyed this more than the chocolate drink.

But then again, Ettora's core business is on their cookies & Belgian imported hand-crafted chocolates, so it will be pretty unfair to pin them down on the drinks.



So, if you want to try some luxurious cookies & chocolates, you can drop by Ettora.  Their products are homemade using imported ingredients.  But be mindful, it does come with a very hefty price (which in my opinion is not worth it).


Ettora
D1-G3-07, Solaris Dutamas,
No. 1, Jalan Dutamas 1 
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel:  03-6211 5416 

No comments:

Post a Comment