Friday 6 July 2012

Black Sesame Swiss Roll @ WheatField Bakery & Cafe

This should be my second time going back to WheatField Bakery & Cafe @ Damansara Heights.  Although it is a bit out of my usual route, it is worth going there for their black sesame swiss roll.

So, how did I come to know of this bakery?  Well, thanks to Groupon, I was there to redeem the cash voucher.  One of the shop-assistant was so kind enough to help me choose what to buy (trying to use up RM40 on bread & pastries in one go is really, really challenging) & he recommended me the black sesame swiss roll, their best-seller.

So, I trusted him, which was quite the right thing to do because it is truly good.

The swiss roll is very soft and moist, filled with generous amount of black sesame paste.  Every bite you take, you can taste the fragrance of the black sesame.  Because it is chilled, it tasted as though you are eating ice-cream with cake - it just melts in your mouth.  And the best part is, it is not very creamy, so you can keep eating without feeling bloated.

Everyone who had tried it kept pestering me to go back to get more for them.

Quote from KS:  "It is super good!" :) I totally agree.  The black sesame swiss roll truly deserve to be the best-seller.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get hold of the black sesame roll today. I was too late :-(  It was all sold out by noon.

Seeing how disappointed I was, the shop-assistant recommend me another best-seller - the pumpkin swiss roll.


The pumpkin version is nice but it does not have that X-factor as compared to the black sesame swiss roll.  Nevertheless, the sweetness is just right and you can find thin slices of pumpkin on the surface of the swiss roll.

However, I find it a bit tasteless and dry at the start until I reached to the center where all the pumpkin cream is concentrated.  The center part is very nice, not too creamy and has a strong pumpkin taste.  If the pumpkin cream had been spread evenly throughout the whole roll, I think it would have tasted great.

But if you ask me, the black sesame roll is still to die for. You have to try it to believe it.


WheatField Bakery & Cafe
14, Jalan Medan Setia 2,
Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-20113727

No comments:

Post a Comment