Monday 2 July 2012

Chicken Pie @ T-Break

A nice meal is one that makes you feel full of warmth & satisfaction.  Especially after a long, tiring day at work.

At least once a week after work, without fail, I will always order the same thing when I visit T-Break Cafe @ Wisma Antarabangsa.  Just the thought of it already makes me start drooling (I just had it in less than 2 hours and now I'm wanting it again!)

Chicken pie - a simple yet comforting food.  I love pies mainly because of its crisp, buttery pastry - it blends well with almost anything.  Just like how I enjoy all sorts of puffs & pastries that you can find in the bakery.


But the one served at T-break is worth every dollar paid (Less than RM 8 including tax).


A chicken pie served with mashed potatoes & generous amount of mushroom sauce, accompanied with baked potato chips & plain Ceaser salad.


I love how piping hot the pie is and how well the sauce brings out the flavour of the pie.  The sauce can be on the saltier side, but eaten together with the potatoes, being on the milder side, it just seem to balance well.


Sometimes, depending on who serves you, the amount of chips & salad can be so much that your plate is covered full.  Speaking of the chips, they are very thinly sliced & salted just right.  At times, I think I enjoyed eating the chips more than the main dish!


Presentation-wise: so-so but who care's, as long as it tasted nice, that's the most important.


Word of caution:  If you are a big eater, probably this may not be the place for you.  But if you are one that sticks to the "70% full" rule, then it is worth visiting for lunch.  The environment is quite relaxing - as you unwind in that short one hour lunch break.


*********************

T-break also sells nice cakes.  Currently, they are offering a 50% off on all slices of cakes on display in the evening.  In particular, I liked their Chocolate Moist Cheesecake.  It is really moist & chocolately - not too cheesy.
 


T-Break Cafe
Kompleks Antarabangsa,
Lot G22, Ground Floor,
Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur.
(only open on working weekdays)

No comments:

Post a Comment