Sunday 28 October 2012

Spicy Pork Bulgogi @ Manna Korean Restaurant, Singapore

Along the Telok Ayer Street, there are many eateries.  Being unfamiliar with the area, we just let our Singapore colleagues show the way and they brought us to a nice Korean restaurant for lunch - Manna Korean Restaurant.

As it was lunch time, it was super packed.  So, without any reservation, we had to wait for 10 mins or so.  But the wait was worth it.

As I did not have a proper breakfast, I decided to go for a heavy lunch and ordered the Duckbaegi Bulgogi (SGD 16), which is a spicy pork bulgogi served in a hot earthenware.

Come with a bowl of rice, it was very delicious.  Although it looked like it was very spicy, it was not at all.  In fact, like any bulgogi, it was very sweet but with a hint of spiciness.  Plus, the pork was thinly sliced, so every bite of the meat just melts in your mouth.

It was pretty a large bowl, and so after a while, I gave up on the rice and focused on finishing the bulgogi.  I think this should be more suitable as a portion for two instead.


They also have a nice selections of refillable side dishes.  I loved the sweet and spicy fried tofu and the sweet black beans (kongjaban) but my colleague found the salad noodle very nice (I didn't try as I was busy with my bulgogi).


Their food is quite reasonably priced and with special lunch sets just below SGD10, I am not surprised that many come here for an authentic Korean lunch.  Service was pretty fast too once you put in your order.  It was the wait for the table that is longer.


Manna Korean Restaurant
101-109 Telok Ayer Street
068574 Singapore
Tel: 6227 7425

No comments:

Post a Comment