Saturday 4 May 2013

Apple Pie Yogurt @ Yogen Fruz, KLCC

Right after my exam, I was loitering around KLCC trying to figure out what to eat for lunch.  Then, I saw Yogen Fruz, a Canadian-born international frozen yogurt chain.  Having seen these on sale in one of the discount coupon sites before, I decided to give it a try and at the same time, hopefully, a sweet treat will cheer me up and stabilise my emotions.  Most importantly, it was not crowded in that part of KLCC - a quiet, peaceful space to unwind and de-stress is all I needed most.

The first thing on the menu that caught my eye was the Apple Pie Yogurt - a vanilla froyo filled with apple and cinnamon spice, sandwiched between graham cookie crumbs.  As I had not been eating well due to the accumulating stress prior to the exam, that choice looks the most soothing on the stomach and I went ahead to order it.


Being one of the U Sensations series, it costs about RM 0.53 per 10g on top of a fixed price of RM 3 (medium) or RM 5 (large).  I took the medium since that was the smallest size as KS was not around to share with me.  But still, I wasn't able to estimate how much it will eventually costs as weights are not something I can gauge very well and besides, it was the staff who filled the cup.  So, I have totally no control over it, which I don't fancy very much.


Then, you are faced with the biggest challenge - deciding what to add for toppings.  For me, as it was meant as lunch, I decided to go a bit more heavy (and yet keeping to the healthier options) by adding pumpkin seeds, almond nips and a chocolate love letter.


I guess I went a little overboard with the toppings as when it was time to weigh it, the scale read about 350g, which come to a final price of RM 21.65.  Oops, that is very expensive.


The frozen yogurt indeed tasted a bit like apple pie with its apple bits and lovely fragrance of the cinnamon, just that the apple pie flavours were not strong enough.  I felt the yogurt was quite sweet but luckily, the toppings I added as well as the cookie crumbs manage to balance it a bit.  Otherwise, I can't imagine the amount of water I needed to wash down the sweetness.  Overall, the frozen yogurt has a smooth and creamy texture but didn't have the strong yogurt taste, just mildly sour.


Yogen Fruz
Suria KLCC
KC5, Concourse Floor Petronas Towers
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment