Tuesday 30 April 2013

Ice Drip Coffee @ Full of Beans, Straits Quay, Penang

Being a dull and rainy day since morning, I felt my energy level totally drained out as we could not head to the beach as promised (Yes, I was sulking along with my nephew too :P).  So, right after lunch at Penang's first and only seafront retail marina, Straits Quay, I just needed some coffee to brighten my day.

Finding Full Of Beans, a cafe that serves handcrafted specialty coffee, was definitely a coincidence when we were checking out this new marina mall.  As I walked up the escalator to the first floor, a beautiful aroma of caffeine greeted me and like an insect attracted to light, I find myself being lured towards the cafe.


After going through the long list of the various coffee on the menu, I finally decided to order the Ice Drip Coffee (RM 18), a coffee made through a unique 8-hour process using only pure ice water and drip coffee, giving a unique flavour unlike any regular brewed coffee.  I opted without milk, but with sugar, since the barista suggested that the original flavours will be better if standalone, which I totally agree.


The cold black coffee was full in body yet light on the texture - a bit citrus and a subtle acidic taste.  It has a very nice aftertaste that stays in your mouth for hours.  Even with a large cube of ice added, the coffee was not very diluted as with any normal iced, brewed coffee.


The cafe was very cosy with soft, dim lights and I would have definitely sat on one of the couches while sipping coffee and enjoying the cakes if it was not for us having to go back to the hotel for the kids to rest.  When I was there, there seemed to be a coffee appreciation class going on, so various coffee distiller were out for some demonstration.  Looks serious.


Full Of Beans
Unit 3A-1-6, Block A
First Floor,Straits Quay
Jalan Seri Tanjung Pinang
10470 Penang

GPS: 5.458768, 100.313255

2 comments:

  1. I liked the way you reviewed the cafe Full of beans. I Feel like visiting it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hoped you will enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete