Saturday 22 September 2012

DIY: Lychee Sorbet

This time, I decided to try making sorbet as my mum was requesting for some non-dairy dessert.  Since we have some cans of lychee sitting in the fridge, I decided to make lychee sorbet.


Lychee Sorbet
Makes about 1 litre

1 can of lychee
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 can of water
sugar

1.  Combine the lychee (with its juice), lemon juice and water.  Blend it (Depending how fine you want it.  For me, I wanted to have some small bits of lychee).

2.  If you feel that it is a bit too sour, add some sugar to balance it.

3.  Once done, chill it for a few hours before popping into the ice-cream maker to churn.

This frozen dessert is very refreshing especially during hot weathers.  The acidity from the lemon juice brings out the fruitiness of the lychee sorbet.  Lovely and addictive.

Next up, watermelon sorbet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment