Saturday 16 March 2013

DIY: Sweet Spicy Chicken

This would be one of the simplest chicken dish that I whipped up in less than 30 minutes, with ingredients readily available in the pantry.

As I was already feeling hungry, I didn't even bother to let it sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.  Still, it was still very tasty and fragrant.

First, coat the chicken evenly with the following ingredients for flavour:
Oyster sauce
Light soy sauce
Cili Padi Sauce with Garlic
Brown sugar
Pepper
Sesame Oil

Then, slowly pan-fry the chicken in medium heat until golden brown and well-cooked.  An alternative is to just pop these chicken into the oven or put them on the grill.

The sugar will give it a nice caramelized taste while the hotness from the chilli sauce really reminds me of my favourite Nando's chicken.  Served with some slices of toasted bread, perfect for a quick but satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment