Thursday 6 June 2013

Unwind with Coffee @ LewisGene Cafe, Solaris Mont Kiara

Out of the blue, I was craving for some caffeine to boost my energy so that I can last through the night to finish reviewing an urgent report which is overly outstanding.  So, on the way home, as well as to beat the crawling highway traffic, I detoured into Solaris Mont Kiara for a caffeine "spa" at LewisGene Cafe.


Not wanting to spoil my sleep later, I ordered something slightly less concentrated (or at least I thought it would be).  The Cafe Mocha (RM  10.90) has a mild espresso flavour but the cocoa was very strong.  It was a thick concoction which would be a perfect warm treat on a cold, rainy day.  Did I mention it was drizzling outside then?


Since I was also hungry, I thought I might as well have dinner there.  They don't have much choices of hot meals but a Ciabatta Sandwich with Turkey Ham (RM 15.90) was enough to do the job.  The highlight was the spicy potato chips that came with it.  The spiced chips has quite some thickness and hence, gave a real addictive crunchy texture, not to mention the seasonings on it too.


The slightly toasted ciabatta bread has a chewy texture on the outside, but inside it is soft and spongy.  Quite generous with the turkey ham and reasonably topped with lots of greens and mayonnaise.  Simple but tasty and wholesome gourmet sandwich.

LewisGene Cafe is a very cosy, laid-back cafe.  With its soft cushions and dim lighting, it was very difficult to remind myself that I have work waiting for me at home.  It's as though time has stopped moving.  Totally love the ambiance.


Carpark was, as expected, an issue - had to park in the office building and walked.  But it was worth the trouble.  Service was generally good and friendly.


LewisGene Cafe
2-1, Jalan Solaris 3
Solaris Mont Kiara
50480 Kuala Lumpur
GPS:  3.174874,101.659822

No comments:

Post a Comment